Updated: Mar 3
I've been offering training online for 7 years and my clients come back time and time again as they find it a convenient way to be able to train and a lot of them prefer it to gyms!
The benefits of online training are many - here's just a few
- it's way more flexible giving you more time to be able to fit it into your busy lifestyle
- no lost time travelling to/from your training location
- you can still train even if you've had to go and pick up a poorly child from school, or they're having yet another home day!
- reduced petrol costs
- you stay warm and dry
- you can train in your back garden on sunny / dry days!
- no gym membership costs
- complete privacy
- 100% dedication to you with no interference from other gym members
- it's the ideal choice for those wanting to keep in shape, and stay fit and healthy
- it's brilliant for those with busy schedules
- you can even let your children join in (if YOU want to!)
The negatives of training online:
- your living space is too small - this is a rare situation for most! If you can lie down flat with your arms out to the side, you're good to go!
- this isn't suitable for men/women who are trying to seriously bulk up and attain muscle man/woman status - this requires more hands-on work from a safety perspective given the size of weights that would be required for most.
- it's not ideal if you don't have a relatively decent internet connection
So, if none of the negatives apply to you, then what is required for this to work..?
- ideally, but not essentially you would need a fitness matt - but a carpet or nice rug with a towel works equally well.
- a bit of space; to lie down and be able to stretch your arms out.
- a device with a webcam enabled - computer preferred, more for your benefit than the trainers.
- a wifi connection
that's actually all you need for a decent workout at home...
because I will train you using...
- Your sofa
- Your chair
- A towel
- A dressing gown band
- A water bottle or two
- A pillow or cushion
- A rolling pin (yes, you read that correctly!)
...and anything else I see close to you that we can use to create interesting and efficient movement patterns for you..
If you'd like a free session to see how it would work for you, then get in touch and we'll get a date and time in the diary! email me at Kim@move4fitness.com